Fiona has been sleeping peacefully, while the world around her has changed in terrible ways. A vaccination that was meant to protect the human population has turned many into mindless, violent beasts. The few who escaped the infection live protected inside a fortress, determined to rebuild society. When Fiona awakes, she discovers a tattoo that marks her among the most dangerous—not to mention she’s on the wrong side of the wall.
Day 2 Prompt (4/9)
Re-imagine the moment where Rumpelstiltskin first visits the miller’s daughter. Your scene must be set in the future and be no more than 150 words. Tag your story StungFlashWeek and StungFlash2. You have until 11:59 p.m. ET on Wednesday, April 10 to enter your story.
Between now and Friday, April 12, keep checking the main contest page for more prompts.
How to Enter
1. Read the full rules.
2. Create an account on Figment.com.
3. Start a new writing of 150 words or fewer.
4. Tag your writing both StungFlashWeek and StungFlash2 on the Details tab. (That’s two tags!)
5. Enter your response by the deadline listed in the prompt.
6. Press “Publish Now.”
7. You should receive a pop-up confirmation of your entry, and in about two hours or so, your piece should appear among the submissions.
Figment editors will be reading all the entries. We’ll send our top 10 favorite entries to Bethany Wiggins, who will choose the grand prize winner.
Five daily winners will each receive a copy of Stung by Bethany Wiggins.
Please note: The comment box below is only for questions about how to enter this contest or other logistical issues. For comments, thoughts, suggestions, complaints about the contest system, please visit our Contest Input forum. To find someone to read your story, try the Contest Promotion forum.