On the fence about what to wear to prom this year? Channel your favorite Adventure Time princess. These ladies exhibit flawless and undeniable style, so don’t be afraid to get mathematical with it!
- Coat your arms, face and neck with calamine lotion.
- Buy 25 lbs. worth of Bazooka bubble gum and sculpt a wig. Store in a cool place to prevent melting.
- Spray paint a small headlamp gold and shape it into a crown.
- Wear any pink dress, belt it with a sash, and attach puffy sleeves. The sleeves are crucial.
- In lieu of a limousine, ride an ostrich and pretend it is a giant falcon (unless you can acquire a giant falcon . . . ). Make a second headlamp crown for the ostrich/falcon.
Lump Space Princess
- Wear an over-sized purple onesie and stuff said onesie with clumps of pillow stuffing, blankets, marbles and rocks.
- Paint a star on your forehead.
- Wear Moon shoes to create the illusion you are floating.
- Bring a basket of sandwiches.
Hot Dog Princess
- Wear a dog costume.
- Wear a very tiny crown.
- Bring a bunch of boiled hot dogs dressed up like knights.
- Wear hot dog water perfume. You can make this at home! Step 1: Boil hot dogs in water. Step 2: Bottle the hot dog water in a spray bottle. Step 3: Spritz hot dog water on your pulse points.
Wild Berry Princess
- Wear a green unitard and paint your face pink.
- Attach raspberry jam-filled balloons to the unitard.
- Paint a paper towel roll green. Attach a leaf to the painted paper towel roll. Tie “stem” to your head with a berry-colored ribbon. Create a tiny paper crown to place atop the stem.
- Bring some meat pies.
Marceline the Vampire Queen
- Buy 10 black wigs and combine them to make the longest, thickest wig ever. Be sure to tease the Megawig for at least an hour.
- Wear a tank top, jeans and boots.
- Bring an electric guitar.
- Bare your fangs at anyone who says you don’t meet the dress code.
Note: Again, not a princess, but she is both nobility and BFFs with PB. So, let’s continue to break the rules.
- Learn Korean.
- Wear a rainbow Morphsuit.
- Wear a horse mask, paint it lavender and attach a white horn. Or, if you can find it, wear a purple unicorn mask.
- A la the Marceline Megawig, combine 10 blonde wigs. However, the goal is to create an exceptionally long wig, rather than an exceptionally teased coif. Strive for a “wig train” that trails behind you.
- +10 points if your date dresses like Jake.
Images by Cartoon Network (via cartoonnetwork.com and facebook.com/adventuretime).