Allison Sekemoto has been cast out of Eden. The sacred city is free from vampires—and since Allie is one, she cannot stay. But she has a new mission: Find her beloved mentor (and sire) Kanin, and save him from the psychotic vampire Sarren. In this bleak dystopian world, Allie’s unsure who to trust. But blood calls to blood, and she will stop at nothing to find Kanin. Not to mention, it’s a welcome distraction from thinking of the boy she left behind in Eden.
In 1,200 words or fewer, write a story about a kidnapping told from one of the following points-of-view:
- The perspective of the kidnapper
- The perspective of the person who was kidnapped
- The perspective of the rescuer
One grand prize winner will receive The Immortal Rules and The Eternity Cure by Julie Kagawa, The Girl in the Steel Corset by Kady Cross, and advanced copies of Dare You To by Katie McGarry and Ink by Amanda Sun.
How to Enter
1. Read the full rules.
2. Create an account on Figment.com.
3. Start a new writing of 1,200 words or fewer.
4. Tag your writing with KidnappedContest on the “Details” tab.
5. Press “Publish Now.”
6. You should receive a pop-up confirmation of your entry, and in about two hours or so, your piece should appear among the submissions.
You have until Monday, May 13 at 11:59 p.m. ET to enter a story. Voting will run until Monday, May 20 at 5:00 p.m. ET. Julie Kagawa’s editors at Harlequin Teen will choose the winners from the top 10 most-hearted entries.
Please note: The comment box below is only for questions about how to enter this contest or other logistical issues. For comments, thoughts, suggestions, complaints about the contest system, please visit our Contest Input forum. To find someone to read your story, try the Contest Promotion forum.