When five kindergarteners from a small town were selected to be featured in Five at Six, no one could have predicted the popularity of the documentary. The children were rocketed into fame, and Justine became the star of them all. Ten years later, it’s time for Five at Sixteen, and, although the group has drifted apart, they’re back together to face their fame — and each other.
Today’s prompt (Wednesday 6/12):
In 150 words or fewer, write a scene from the perspective of someone who is ten years old. Tag your story AgeFlashWeek and AgeFlash2. You have until Thursday, June 13 at 11:59 p.m. ET to enter your story.
Between now and midnight on Saturday, June 15 keep checking the main challenge page for more prompts!
Figment editors will be reading all entries. Five daily winners will each receive a copy of You Look Different in Real Life by Jennifer Castle.
How to enter
1. Read the full rules.
2. Create an account on Figment.com.
3. Start a new writing of 150 words or less.
4. Tag your writing AgeFlashWeek and AgeFlash2 on the Details tab. (That’s two tags!)
5. Enter your response by the deadline listed in the prompt.
6. Press “Publish Now.”
7. You should receive a pop-up confirmation of your entry, and in about two hours or so, your piece should appear among the submissions.
Please note: The comment box below is only for questions about how to enter this contest or other logistical issues. For comments, thoughts, suggestions, complaints about the contest system, please visit our Contest Input forum. To find someone to read your story, try the Contest Promotion forum.