Justine, Felix, Rory, Keira, and Nate were only six when the whole world met them in Five at Six, a documentary that followed them through their daily lives. Now, they’re teenagers, and it’s time for Five at Sixteen. The friends have drifted apart, but they all reunite to share their struggles with each other, the cameras, and the whole world
Today’s prompt (Thursday, 6/13):
In 150 words or fewer, write a scene from the perspective of someone who is fifteen years old. Tag your story AgeFlashWeek and AgeFlash3. You have until Friday, June 14 at 11:59 p.m. ET to enter your story.
Between now and midnight on Saturday, June 15 keep checking the main challenge page for more prompts!
Figment editors will be reading all entries. Five daily winners will each receive a copy of You Look Different in Real Life by Jennifer Castle.
How to enter
1. Read the full rules.
2. Create an account on Figment.com.
3. Start a new writing of 150 words or less.
4. Tag your writing AgeFlashWeek and AgeFlash3 on the Details tab. (That’s two tags!)
5. Enter your response by the deadline listed in the prompt.
6. Press “Publish Now.”
7. You should receive a pop-up confirmation of your entry, and in about two hours or so, your piece should appear among the submissions.
Please note: The comment box below is only for questions about how to enter this contest or other logistical issues. For comments, thoughts, suggestions, complaints about the contest system, please visit our Contest Input forum. To find someone to read your story, try the Contest Promotion forum.