Justine, Felix, Rory, Keira, and Nate share a bond that no one else can understand. At age six, they were chosen to participated in a documentary, Five at Six, and their whole lives were exposed to the world. In the 10 years since, they’ve all taken different paths, but they each struggle to navigate the tricky waters of their teen years and to distinguish friends from fans.
Today’s prompt (Friday, 6/14):
In 150 words or fewer, write a scene from the perspective of someone who is twenty years old.
Tag your story AgeFlashWeek and AgeFlash4. You have until Saturday, June 15 at 11:59 p.m. ET to enter your story.
Between now and midnight on Saturday, June 15 keep checking the main challenge page for more prompts!
Figment editors will be reading all entries. Five daily winners will receive a copy of You Look Different in Real Life by Jennifer Castle.
How to enter
1. Read the full rules.
2. Create an account on Figment.com.
3. Start a new writing of 150 words or less.
4. Tag your writing both AgeFlashWeek and AgeFlash4 in the Details tab.
5. Enter your response by the deadline listed in the prompt.
6. Press “Publish Now.”
7. You should receive a pop-up confirmation of your entry, and in about two hours or so, your piece should appear among the submissions.