Have you ever told a lie? Did you get away with it?
Americans Jenny and her brother, Tom, are off to England. This is Jenny’s chance to finally stand out, so accidentally, on purpose, she tells a lie. But in the small world of Ill Hall, everyone has something to hide.
In celebration of next month’s new release, What We Hide by Marthe Jocelyn, we have a brand new contest!
In 500 words or fewer, write a story where at least 3 main characters are surrounded by a lie they told and tag it FigmentLies. Your challenge is to find a way to bring them together with the truth. You have until 11:59 p.m. ET on Friday, April 18 to enter your story.
Ten winners will be chosen to win a copy of What We Hide and have their stories featured in our weekly Newsletter, the Figment homepage and across our social media channels! Make sure you’re following us on Facebook, Twitter and Tumblr for the latest updates and good luck!
How to enter
1. Read the full rules.
2. Create an account on Figment.com.
3. Start a new writing of 500 words or less.
4. Tag your writing FigmentLies on the Details tab.
5. Enter your response by the deadline listed in the prompt.
6. Press “Publish Now.”
7. You should receive a pop-up confirmation of your entry, and in about two hours or so, your piece should appear among the submissions.
Please note: The comment box below is only for questions about how to enter this contest or other logistical issues. For comments, thoughts, suggestions, complaints about the contest system, please visit our Contest Input forum. To find someone to read your story, try the Contest Promotion forum.