Join us in our #JuneChallenge! Write a short story beginning with the first line of The Maze Runner by James Dashner in celebration of our first author Q&A with him on June 23rd.
You will have exactly one week to submit your short story. GOOD LUCK!
In 250 words or fewer, write a short story beginning with the line, “He began his new life standing up, surrounded by cold darkness and stale dusty air.” Your story does NOT have to be about The Maze Runner, let your imagination create a whole new story beginning with this line. Tag it #JuneChallenge. You have until 11:59 p.m. ET on Friday, June 20th to enter your story.
Five winners will be chosen to have their stories featured in our weekly Newsletter, the Figment homepage and across our social media channels on the day of our author Q&A with James Dashner! Make sure you’re following us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Tumblr for the latest updates and good luck!
How to enter
1. Read the full rules.
2. Create an account on Figment.com.
3. Start a new writing of 250 words or less.
4. Tag your writing JuneChallenge on the Details tab.
5. Begin your story with the above quote.
6. Enter your response by the deadline listed in the prompt.
7. Press “Publish Now.”
8. You should receive a pop-up confirmation of your entry, and in about two hours or so, your piece should appear among the submissions.
Please note: The comment box below is only for questions about how to enter this contest or other logistical issues. For comments, thoughts, suggestions, complaints about the contest system, please visit our Contest Input forum. To find someone to read your story, try the Contest Promotion forum.