Each week we will be featuring one member for their outstanding contributions to the Figment community.
This week we’re featuring C.R. Chamberlain! Check out five of her stories along with her interview questions below!
What do you enjoy most about Figment and its community?
- I honestly really enjoy how nice and supportive everybody is. I love how my readers love my writing just as much as me.
What is your favorite story that you have shared on Figment and why?
- My favorite story that I’ve shared on Figment would have to be Play On. Play On was the first novel I’ve ever finished, and I love how my readers stuck with me through it all. Play On is the book where I really came to know what Figment was all about.
Where do you find inspiration to write and keep writing?
- I find my inspiration to keep writing from music, my family/friends, my readers, and of course, God. :D
What is the last book that you read?
- The last book I read is Divergent.
Do you have any advice for other Figgies looking to improve their writing?
- My advice to other Figgy members that want to improve their writing is to listen to the reviews. It’s important to remember that 95% of the people just want to help you. Also, don’t be afraid to talk to the people who comment/review your work.
Congratulations again C.R. and thank you for sharing talent, inspiration and advice with us! Be sure to check out some of her work below.
*WIP* ***67% COMPLETE*** Being blonde, pretty, and young made Juliana every cliche Robbie knew he wanted to stay away from. Once she opened her mouth though, things changed. Juliana, unlike most other girls, enjoyed working hard and was serious about what she did. Yet, she still liked to have fun, and Robbie liked that. And then a world-wide science competition just took the interest he had in her to the next level.
[The Allie Taylor Series #1]
*SECOND DRAFT IN PROGRESS* *READ FIRST DRAFT HERE.*
Small town girl, Alexandria Marie Taylor(Allie Taylor), enters a whirlwind singer/songwriter competition. Suddenly the whole world knows her face, and she’s flying on a high of dreams come true. But will she be able to take the fame as well as the hoard of drama that comes with it, or will she crack under it?
Watch the Book Trailer
*FEATURED ON THE HOMEPAGE 2/14/13*
*Prequel to Inside of Me*
Cover by one of my ever so lovely best friends, S.J. Bouquet. Trailer by Aurora Sanders.
[The Allie Taylor Series #2]*WIP*
Crowned as the very first American Voice, Allie Taylor is finally living her dream. After eight hard months of work, her first album is finally done. She gets the chance to plan her own headlining tour, so she and her band can get out on the road. Living life on the road though is harder than she thought. Will Allie be able to keep up with her friendships and relationship while still living her dream out on the road, or will she lose it all?
[The Allie Taylor Series #4] *Awesome cover by S.J. Bouquet*
*Book 1 of The VIP Trilogy*
Congratulations again, C.R.!
Let us know who you think should be our next Featured Fig!
– The Figment Team