In 500 words or fewer, write a story on a very unexpected or unlikely friendship between characters. Explain how they became friends? How have they impacted or changed your character’s life? Tag it #Skink. You have until 11:59 p.m. ET on Thursday, October 2nd to enter your story.
Ten winners will receive a free copy of Skink – No Surrender by Carl Hiaasen and will have their stories featured in our weekly Newsletter, the Figment homepage and across our social media channels! Make sure you’re following us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Tumblr for the latest updates and good luck!
How to enter
1. Read the full rules.
2. Create an account on Figment.com.
3. Start a new writing of 500 words or less.
4. Tag your writing Skink on the Details tab.
5. Enter your response by the deadline listed in the prompt.
6. Press “Publish Now.”
7. You should receive a pop-up confirmation of your entry, and in about two hours or so, your piece should appear among the submissions.
Please note: The comment box below is only for questions about how to enter this contest or other logistical issues. For comments, thoughts, suggestions, complaints about the contest system, please visit our Contest Input forum. To find someone to read your story, try the Contest Promotion forum.