Each week we will be featuring one member for their outstanding contributions to the Figment community.
This week we’re featuring Sally Balboa! Check out five of her stories along with her interview questions below!
What do you enjoy most about Figment and its community?
- When I was younger I was a terrible writer. Didn’t even know it. But Figment helped me grow into the not-terrible writer I am today. So my favorite part is giving and getting critiques. It’s nice to know I’m helping someone not be terrible.
What is your favorite story that you have shared on Figment and why?
- My favorite story is Revenge. My first contest piece and my first step to not being a terrible writer. It was the first thing I wrote that had potential. I also tried to use it for my first novel, the novel was horrid but I still love the one here on Figment.
Where do you find inspiration to write and keep writing?
- Emotion. It drives everything we do, whether it be my emotion or me studying someone’s reactions to a tragic or heart warming event, I like being there for it. I weep for my character’s and I laugh for them, I want to see them live. They are what keep me writing.
What is the last book that you read?
- The Low Road by A.D. Scott
Do you have any advice for other Figgies looking to improve their writing?
- Not everyone is going to say your writing is wonderful, and occasionally the nay sayers will be right, it will be awful. Even though it hurts, Listen to them. No one ever gets better by closing their eyes and ears.
Congratulations again, Sally and thank you for sharing your talent, inspiration and advice with us! Be sure to check out some of her work below.
Congratulations again, Sally!
Let us know who you think should be our next Featured Fig!
– The Figment Team