Each week we will be featuring one member for their outstanding contributions to the Figment community.
This week we’re featuring Purplehood! Check out five of their stories along with their interview questions below!
What do you enjoy most about Figment and its community?
- I love being able to read so many different types of stories from so many different people on Figment. I always manage to find really great stories, and getting feedback from other writers really inspires me to continue my own writing.
What is your favorite story that you have shared on Figment and why?
- My favorite has to be Voices. This story has been on my mind for a long time, and I loved creating the characters. It means a lot to me to have finally posted the first couple of chapters, and I hope to continue soon.
Where do you find inspiration to write and keep writing?
- I find inspiration for writing while I’m listening to my favorite songs and drawing. I love to draw characters with the lyrics and instruments playing in my head. This has really helped me to expand on my plot-lines as well as my characters’ personalities.
What is the last book that you read?
- Till We Have Faces by C. S. Lewis. One of my favorites!
Do you have any advice for other Figgies looking to improve their writing?
- Keep a notebook close at hand; write down the interesting things you come upon during your travels and on-goings. Re-read your favorite books or poems, and make a list of what made a certain scene or character really captivating. Ask yourself what elements the author used and why they worked, and think about what details and features would really help your writing.
Congratulations again and thank you for sharing your talent, inspiration and advice with us! Be sure to check out some of their work below.
Let us know who you think should be our next Featured Fig!
– The Figment Team