Each week we will be featuring one member for their outstanding contributions to the Figment community.
This week we’re featuring Natasha! Check out five of her stories along with her interview answers below!
What do you enjoy most about Figment and its community?
- I love Figment for finally getting me out of my shell and being able to share my stories with the world. The people on Figment are amazing and offer such genuine feedback and encourage me so much more to write. It’s basically a place to make writer’s dreams come true, and I love knowing that it could happen to me too one day.
What is your favorite story that you have shared on Figment and why?
- My favourite story would probably be Miscommunication, because out of all my stories, I feel like it’s the most relatable. I’m kind of proud of it, and by the feedback I’ve gotten, I’d say that other people kind of like it too. If I were to publish one day, that would be the book I’d start with.
Where do you find inspiration to write and keep writing?
- My inspiration comes from other authors and books. I mean, I won’t lie, I like to browse profiles on Figment, and I see so many people creating new stories each week and creating an update schedule and things like that and it really shows me how serious people are about their work, and just seeing that pushes me to Keep writing and not give up.
What is the last book that you read?
- The last book I read – well actually, I’m currently reading – would be The Messenger, by Markus Zusak. He’s an amazing author and after reading The Book Thief, I just knew I had to read every book he’s ever written. So far, it seems great, and I know it will only get better.
Do you have any advice for other Figgies looking to improve their writing?
- Never stop writing. Even when you feel so bored with it just keep pushing through and get it all down. Trust me, by thre nd of it you’ll see you have completed a story and it will feel so amazing, that you’ll be compelled yo edit it and fix it up completely so that it’s publish worthy. Procrastination is our worst enemy, so never give in to it.
Congratulations again and thank you for sharing your talent, inspiration and advice with us! Be sure to check out some of their work below.
Let us know who you think should be our next Featured Fig!
– The Figment Team