Each week we will be featuring one member for their outstanding contributions to the Figment community.
This week we’re featuring LibraryGal! Check out five of her stories along with her interview answers below!
What do you enjoy most about Figment and its community?
- Figment is a friendly community, where people can share as much or as little of their writing and themselves with the group. I especially like the diversity of ideas, the way there are so many ways to interpret a theme or build a character.
What is your favorite story that you have shared on Figment and why?
- As most of my Figment stories are contest entries, I usually favor the most recent because its creation is fresh in my mind. “The End?” was inspired by an article in my local newspaper. I also really like “The Last Gorgon” because it’s a story that has undergone many changes throughout the years.
Where do you find inspiration to write and keep writing?
- I love writing! I’ve been writing short stories and flash fictions since I was a kid. Inspiration is everywhere; I glean inspiration from newspaper articles, radio stories, novels, short stories, conversations, etc., etc., etc. I travel with a notebook so I can jot down any ideas that come to me.
What is the last book that you read?
- Schulz and Peanuts: a biography by David Michaelis. The last novel I read was Under a Painted Sky by Stacey Lee. I recommend both books!
Do you have any advice for other Figgies looking to improve their writing?
- Write what you know and care about. If your characters are believable, then anything can happen to them and your readers will accept it, not matter how fantastic. Also, keep writing and submitting your work. As you grow and experience life, so too will your style grow and improve.
Congratulations again and thank you for sharing your talent, inspiration and advice with us! Be sure to check out some of their work below.
Let us know who you think should be our next Featured Fig!
– The Figment Team