Each week we will be featuring one member for their outstanding contributions to the Figment community.
This week we’re featuring Creek Matza! Check out five of her stories along with her interview answers below!
What do you enjoy most about Figment and its community?
- I love that some people are so nice when leaving reviews, and others totally tell the truth, even if it hurts.
What is your favorite story that you have shared on Figment and why?
- I like all my books, but if I have to chose I’d say ‘Careful I’m Dangerous: Book’ or ‘Downright Dangerous: Book’.
Where do you find inspiration to write and keep writing?
- I find inspiration when I look into my tree and snow covered yard, when I look at my crazy (in a good way) dog Creek, when I talk (laugh) with my two best friends. But the truth is I wouldn’t be such a good writer if it wasn’t for my amazing family, when I look at them all I see is their crazy minds, and I know if I didn’t inherit their crazy minds I wouldn’t be such a good writer.
What is the last book that you read?
- The naturals, by Jennifer Lynn Barnes, and the last book I read on figment was Seasong, by .Amazing. (She’s got some really good books and poems!).
Do you have any advice for other Figgies looking to improve their writing?
- You all have talent, don’t get mad when someone says how you need to fix things, they’re just trying to help even if they’re wrong, your writings are yours don’t let anyone take them from you! Thanks for having me be a featured fig!
Congratulations again and thank you for sharing your talent, inspiration and advice with us! Be sure to check out some of their work below.
Let us know who you think should be our next Featured Fig!
– The Figment Team